Safety Pool is offered in collaboration with the Warwick Manufacturing Group at the University of Warwick (WMG)
Please note that this Policy contains disclaimers of warranties and limitations on liability that may be applicable to you.
3. Investigations. Safety Pool may investigate and disclose information from or about you, as permitted by applicable law, if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is (a) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders,such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or otherlegal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Products and Services; or (c)helpful to protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users,subsidiaries, or the public.
4. Business Transfers. If Safety Pool is acquired by or merged with another entity, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, Safety Pool may transfer the information we have collected about you to the other company.
5. Registration. Access to certain functionalities of our Products and Services will require you to register with and/or provide certain information to Safety Pool. We reserve the right to decline to provide access to our Products and Services or Information to any person for any or no reason. If and when you register with or provide information to Safety Pool, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself, or your business or service as part of a Provider account, as prompted (including your email address) and (b) maintain and update your information (including your email address) to keep it accurate, current and complete. You acknowledge that, if any information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and your use of our Products and Services, Provider account, and/or Information. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password or other account information not generally available to others and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your username and password.
7. Account Termination and Data Retention. You can close your Safety Pool account at any time by going to account settings. When you close your account, you will cease to provide ongoing or future data to Products and Services. Your private contact details, such as your full name, email, & password will not be maintained. However, your data collected about your location, activity, and usage may be maintained and kept in an anonymized and deidentified format to improve the Products and Services functionality. Unless prohibited by applicable law, public postings or comments you provided to the forum associated with your public profile prior to closing your account, will remain public. We may retain information about you for thepurposes authorized under this Policy unless prohibited by law.
8. Security. Safety Pool follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. All data is transmitted over secure communication lines using HTTPS for communication between your devices and Safety Pool servers.
9. Data Storage. Any informationyou provide through our Products and Services may be transferred oversecure communication lines using HTTPS to, stored in, or processed on Google Cloud Platform in accordance with their Data Processing and Security Terms that may be accessed here: https://cloud.google.com/terms/data-processing-terms.
11. No Use by Children. You hereby affirm that you are over the age of 12, as these Products and Services are notintended for children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then you may not use our Products and Services. You further affirm that you are fully ableand competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations,representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Policy.
12. California. If you are a California resident you have the right to request information from Safety Pool regarding the manner in which Safety Pool shares certain categories of your personal information with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to Safety Pool at its designated address and receive the following information:·
- The categories of information Safety Pool disclosed to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes during thepreceding calendar year; and·
- The names and addresses of third parties that received such information, or if the nature of their business cannot be determined from the name, then examples of the products or services marketed.
You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. You may make such a request by emailing legal@SafetyPool.ai
13. Privacy Inquiries and Correcting Your Information. If you would like to review, correct, update,delete or otherwise limit Safety Pool's use of your personal information that was previously provided to Safety Pool, you may contact Safety Pool at legal@SafetyPool.ai We will comply with your request as much as is practicable and as soon as is practicable.
14. Notice. By use of our Products and Services, you consent to receive electronic communications from Safety Pool. You also agree that any such communications satisfy any legal requirement to make such communications in writing under this Policy or under any applicable laws orregulations. Specifically, we may provide notice to you by sending an email to the address that you provided as part of your registration for our Products and Services. Any notice to Safety Pool will be provided by both (a) sending an email to legal@SafetyPool.ai; and (b) providing a copy by certified mail, return receipt requested to:Safety Pool 4353 North 1st Street San Jose, California 95134
15. Governing Law & Venue.This Policy shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the United States of America and by the laws of the State of California. The courts of Santa Clara, California shall be the exclusive forum for any mediation, arbitration, litigation or dispute resolution.
16. Enforceability. If any provision of this Policy is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Policy and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Effective March 25, 2021
Last modified as of March 25, 2021.